As we all probably know by now, Windows Phone 10 has officially 'died' as of the 10th December, and you may be wondering what to do with it.
I followed the instructions to do it, but forgot I had another phone connected to my laptop, and I managed to brick my 950XL.
I THOUGHT I had followed the instructions, but hadn't turned of bitlocker on the phone, so I had a phone that only booted to the bitlocker screen. Despite many searches, attempts to hard reset, I still kept coming back to the same bitlocker screen.
Finally I found a an article telling me how to get the the flash screen and reflash the phone.
So for anyone who runs into a similar situation with their Windows phone - this is what to do to fix it.
- Download the Windows Phone Image Designer tool.
- Reboot the phone to 'flash mode' by holding the volume up key when starting the phone. You should now see a 'flash and gear' icon on your phone.
- Select and download your FFU files from your phone - available from here.
- Run the Windows Phone Image Designer tool and flash your phone with the FFU in step 3
- Download and install the Windows Device Recovery tool
- Run the WDRT and select install the software – it will download and install the software automatically.
- That’s it – your phone should be restored